Sunday, October 22, 2006

Going Home

No crying no sighing I'm going home, I'm leaving no grieving I'm going home, and there's no one here, and there's nothing here gonna turn me around...I'm going home.

The above is Leo Sayer's Going Home lyric I dedicate to millions of Indonesian going home (mudik) for the festive of the season, Lebaran.
Mudik is the largest movement of people from urban centers to villages to celebrate Idul Fitri, which sometimes accompanied by diversified crimes committed to take benefit out of crowds in bus terminals, train stations, or those who ride motorcycles.
Crazy traffic jams all around in Nagreg, West Java (two hours drive, against the normal time of 10 minutes), or Pantura.
Lousy and frustrated drivers have sent many more people to their eternal home. But that would never turn them around...

READ MORE!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bunyamin Najmi said...

mudik, kenikmatan setahun sekali

October 25, 2006 11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home